Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care Designation
The SC Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care (BFCC) Designation recognizes early care and education programs that commit to actively supporting breastfeeding families and their employees who breastfeed. Programs who are designated have made the following commitments: Click here to complete a short Interest Form survey and begin designation process.
1. Develop and follow written policies that support & promote breastfeeding
2. Provide a welcoming environment for breastfeeding families and employees.
3. Provide breastfeeding support & education and make referrals to experts
4. Confirm professional development for all staff 5. Follow best practices for infant feeding
Our Breastfeeding Friendly Child Care designation coordinator will follow up with programs who complete and submit the form to discuss the next steps. Upon completion of the designation process, programs receive:
1. Decal for the main entrance
2. Sign to display in front of the building.
3. Personalized technical assistance, as requested
4. Handouts to help teachers communicate with families about bringing pumped/expressed milk to the program, practices for safe milk storage, etc.
5. Classroom materials Digital badge on the SC Child Care website
6. Prominent listing on the SCPITC website Social media features by DSS and SCPITC
7. Included in SCPITC and DSS digital newsletters